Hello and welcome. I’m Janine, sensitivitystyleTM specialist and international speaker on the trait of high sensitivity in adults and children. High sensitivity is a normal although minority temperament trait found in about 20% of the population. A person with this trait is referred to as a highly sensitive person or child.
I am the creator of sensitivitystyleTM - a model for helping people with differing levels of sensitivity to live and work together more successfully and respectfully. There are four main styles and each has its own unique strengths, vulnerabilities and areas for development.
My mission is to help you, your family, friends and co-workers identify and understand your own respective sensitivitystyleTM and the sensitivitystyleTM of others so you can live and work together more respectfully and successfully.
As a highly sensitive person (HSP) myself, I am all too familiar with the trails and tribulations of growing up as a person considered “too sensitive” by a culture that does not tend to view high sensitivity as favourable.
But at the same time, I can only imagine how frustrating someone with my style must seem, to a person with a sensitivitystyleTM at the opposite end of the spectrum to mine – the highly non-sensitive person, especially if they don’t understand why we are so different!
I am committed to providing you with the most accurate and up to date information about sensitivity styles and highly sensitive people, in easy to read, plain language.
I look forward to helping you on your personal journey to understand, accept and honour your unique sensitivitystyleTM , and to helping you become more understanding, respectful and adaptive to other styles.
I continue to take this journey myself and it will be great to be able to share the journey with you.
I am currently studying to become a counsellor and will specialise in assisting people in relation to their sensitivity style and temperament trait of high sensitivity.
Other stuff about me you might want or need to know
- Studying to become Registered Professional Counsellor (will be completed in early 2016)
- Volunteer Telephone Crisis Counsellor at Lifeline
- BSc Statistics
- Grad Cert HRD and OD (almost!)
- PROSCI Change Management Methodology Certified
- Cert IV TAE (Training and Assessment)
- MAHRI – Member Australian Human Resources Institute
- PAAPS – Professional Affiliate Australian Psychological Society
- SMACA Student Member Australian Counselling Association
- 30 years experience teaching, coaching and mentoring people in the roles of swim teacher, staff trainer, international speaker
- Mum of 2 children – now aged 29 and 27 years