Hi, I’m Janine,
I am the creator of sensitivitystyleTM - a model for helping people with differing levels of sensitivity to live and work together more successfully and respectfully. There are four main styles and each has its own unique strengths, vulnerabilities and areas for development.
My mission is to help you, your family, friends and co-workers identify and understand your own respective sensitivitystyleTM and the sensitivitystyleTM of others so you can live and work together more respectfully and successfully.
As a highly sensitive person (HSP) myself, I am all too familiar with the trails and tribulations of growing up and living as a person considered “too sensitive” by a culture that does not tend to view high sensitivity as favourable.
I look forward to helping you on your personal journey to understand, accept and honour your unique self and to helping you become more understanding, respectful and adaptive to other styles and continue to take this journey myself.
Other stuff you might want to know about my background
- Registered Professional Counsellor (Member Australian Counselling Association)
- Member ASCTA (Australian Swim Coaches and Teachers Association)
- Diploma of Counselling
- Swim Australia Teacher Swimming & Water Safety, Babies & Toddlers, Adults & Adolescents, Competitive Strokes, Learners with a Disability
- BSc Statistics
- Cert IV TAE (Training and Assessment)
- PROSCI Change Management Methodology Certified
- 40 years experience teaching, coaching and mentoring people in the roles of swim teacher, staff trainer, international speaker
- Independent consultant to the worldwide learn to swim industry
- Advocate for trauma informed swim lessons
- Volunteer Telephone Crisis Counsellor with Lifeline
- Mother and grandmother
- Former state-level competitive swimmer and international-level synchronised swimmer
- Love snorkelling in the tropics!